Senior Digital Design Engineer
Digital ASIC Technology Development at Knowles – the world’s leading manufacturer of subminiature microphones.
Knowles Electronics Denmark (KED) is subsidiary of Knowles Electronics, headquartered in Itasca, Illinois, USA.
Knowles Electronics is the leading global supplier of high performance, subminiature microphones serving a variety of applications and markets. Its unique expertise in acoustic technology has enabled the company to build and maintain a leading position as supplier of acoustic solutions for both the hearing aid market as well as the high-volume consumer electronics market.
The company has operations in North America, Europe and Asia, with primary manufacturing facilities in China, Philippines and Malaysia.
The Knowles ASIC Technology Group in Roskilde is responsible for development of new ASIC technology for future microphone platforms in a timeframe of 3-5 years as well as supporting the product teams to adapt it into products and bringing it into production.
You can read more about Knowles here.
As Senior Digital Design Engineer for Technology Development your focus will be on design of the digital and DSP part of mixed mode ASIC microphones. In general, you will be part of the overall system integration on an architectural level (analog and digital), and your tasks include:
- Implementation of Digital Control logic to support analogue blocks. (OTP controller, DLL control, start up, sleep mode, performance mode).
- Specification and documentation of blocks and systems.
- HW implementation of algorithms.
- RTL coding and UVM verification of DSP functionality.
Thus, you will take part of the complete ASIC design flows, from RTL implementation and gate level simulation, implementation of test benches and digital verification methods, FPGA prototyping, floor planning and layout.
Your workplace will be in Roskilde and you will work closely with your colleagues in the technology group as well with colleagues in the product teams to implement the new technology into products.
All design work requires disciplined documentation involving version control etc.
The preferred candidate will have an engineering background and most likely you hold an M.Sc.E.E.
We imagine you having gained several years of experience from a position within consumer electronics development with focus on digital DSP development with knowledge of ASIC development (RTL coding).
Thus, you have proven experience with one or more of the following:
- Low Power digital design techniques
- RTL implementations using Verilog or VHDL, simulation with SDF and Digital Synthesis (Synopsys)
- System Architecture and System Design
- Implementation of manual and automatic test benches and digital verification methods
- UVM based verification
- SystemC reference models
- SDC timing constraints
- Power estimation (PrimeTimePX)
- DFT methodologies
Knowledge and Experience with one or more of the below mentioned areas is an advantage:
- Audio signal processing (Beam forming, Echo Cancellers, Adaptive Filters, etc.)
- Digital Signal Processing algorithms and implementation architectures (Filters, Decimators, etc.)
- Acoustic and Electromechanical systems
- Version control systems (Perforce, Subversion, etc.) and version control strategies for managing digital design data
- Complete digital ASIC flows using scripting and design automation
- Build automation tools (Make, Scons, Buildbot, etc.)
- Analog and mixed mode design
- Scripting languages and Programing (TCL, Python, Matlab, etc.)
- Programming languages (C, C++, Java, etc.)
You are fluent in English.
As a person you are you are self-driven, problem solving, cooperative, creative and act with passion for electronics development.
You are offered
A unique position in a highly skilled and professional team. Knowles’ ASIC Technology Group in Roskilde offers a unique opportunity to work with future state-of-the-art subminiature microphones on a 3-5 years horizon.
You are offered a remuneration package that meets your qualifications and experience.