Hardware Engineer - setting new standards in space
Ambitious international Space Company, GOMSpace, is looking for a Hardware Engineer for the SATBUS team at the HQ in Aalborg.
Launching satellites into space
We are looking for a Hardware Engineer to join the international Technology Team. You will have the opportunity to become part of an internationally oriented and dedicated team aiming at providing exceptional Nanosatellite solutions to customers on the global market. You will have the possibility to work with the full range of hardware disciplines from system design, over satellite sub-system interface design, to discrete circuit design as well as test and debug. Our hardware engineers develop systems like computer boards, power supplies and distribution, battery charging, solar panels, sensors and actuators.
This exciting job includes the following set of tasks:
- Design of analogue and digital electronic systems
- Power system design and battery charging system
- High-speed digital electronic systems
- Component selection and documentation
- Prototyping and hand-over to the production team and subcontractors
- Work from system requirements to space qualified products
- Have a say in how to do things
- Aid project managers and bid managers scope development.
You will become a part of a strong SATBUS team with enthusiastic engineers. Some of the team philosophies are:
- Everybody is heard, everybody is expected to participate
- Every release is the best release ever made
- Errors found during reviews are not errors, but proves the process is working.
A Hardware Engineer with a sense of ownership and drive
We expect that you have some of the following qualifications:
- Relevant technical education, maybe a bachelor’s degree or similar
- Experience in hardware electronic design and product development
- Experience in PCB design systems and simulation tools (Altium or similar)
- Experience with the Atlassian suite
- Working with an iterative development mindset
- Experience with product roadmaps
- Experience with product qualification campaigns - both planning and execution
- Experience with high quality requirement products
- Working closely together with other engineering groups and production
On a personal level you have a strong drive, a sense of ownership, and can’t wait to see your product in space. You are curious by nature and your focus is on ensuring the right solutions. You navigate naturally around a cross-disciplinary environment where solutions and deliveries are the result of effective collaboration. You are a team player who makes the team achieve its goals. You are fluent in English on a professional level.
An outstanding career opportunity
GOMSpace offers employment in a dynamic growing and internationally oriented company with many challenging and exciting activities. GOMSpace are an agenda-setting player in the nanosatellite business and expect their employees to contribute with dedication, skills and the will to implement their mission.
GOMSpace are ambitious and believe that nanosatellites and their efforts will make a difference to society in the future. They have an informal working culture with transparent communication and an organization built up by multidisciplinary skills and engineering passion which GOMSpace believe are essential to help customers achieve their goals in space.
Your workplace will be at Langagervej 6 in Aalborg, Denmark, but you can expect 5-10 travel days a year. Salary and start date will be negotiated individually.