Software Engineers - setting new standards in space
Ambitious international Space Company, GOMSpace, is looking for two Software Engineers for the SATBUS team at the HQ in Aalborg.
We are looking for multiple Software Engineers
You will have the opportunity to become part of an internationally oriented and dedicated team aiming at providing exceptional satellite solutions to customers on the global market.
As a Software Engineer in the SATBUS team you will be part of a highly skilled and experienced team of Software, Hardware and Control Developers, who are responsible for the infrastructure, including the software and hardware platform for the Space and Mission segment. You will participate in all phases of the development process, including implementation and deployment of solutions for satellite missions.
You will work with a wide range of tasks, including:
- Software development of space and ground segment for satellites missions
- Analysis, design, implementation and test of mission applications for satellites
- Software platform development and maintenance
- Technical lead on feature development
- Development and maturing of our development methods
- Implementation of embedded software in C/C++, Linux and/or FreeRTOS
You will also be part of a strong SATBUS team with enthusiastic engineers. Some of the team philosophies are:
- Everybody is heard, everybody is expected to participate
- Every release is the best release ever made.
- Errors found during reviews are not errors, but proves the process is working.
A senior Software Engineer and a Software Engineer with 1-4 years of experience
We expect you have:
- A relevant technical education
- Distributed systems in heterogeneous environments
- Embedded software development skills
- Knowledge of software quality assurance and release process
- Experience in working with an iterative and agile approach to design and development
Beside your qualifications, experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Task coordination for a smaller team
- Jira and Confluence
- Build and release tools
- Linux as a development platform
- TCP/IP socket programming
- Training and communication to the customers
- Input to bid material
As a person you can identify yourself with the team philosophy and you have strong skills, personality and drive. You are focusing on ensuring the right solutions, you navigate naturally around a cross-disciplinary environment where solutions and deliveries are the result of effective collaboration. You are a team player who makes the team achieve its goals. Your English skills are on a professional level.
Your opportunity to become part of the future within high-end nanosatellites
GOMSpace offers employment in a dynamic growing and internationally oriented company with many challenging and exciting activities. GOMSpace are an agenda-setting player in the nanosatellite business and expect their employees to contribute with dedication, skills and the will to implement their mission. GOMSpace are ambitious and believe that nanosatellites and their efforts will make a difference to society in the future. They have an informal working culture with transparent communication and an organization built up by multidisciplinary skills and engineering passion which GOMSpace believe are essential to help customers achieve their goals in space.
Your workplace will be at Langagervej 6 in Aalborg, Denmark, but you can expect 5-10 travel days a year. Salary and start date will be negotiated individually.