Mechanical Engineer - would you like to work with pioneer new technologies?
Ambitious international Space Company, GOMSpace, is looking for a for a unusally skilled Mechanical Engineer to make inventions become real to the mechanical design team in the HQ in Aalborg.
You work in the front-end of innovation where opportunities are identified and concepts are developed
We are looking for an unusually skilled Mechanical Engineer to join the Mechanical Design Team. Being a member of the Mechanical Design Team, you will become part of an internationally oriented and multi-disciplinary R&D department, aiming at providing exceptional nanosatellite solutions to customers around the globe. Thus, besides your closest peers in the Mechanical Design Team, you will work together with highly skilled colleagues within general software programming, signal processing, ADCS, antenna design, and electronics.
Join the Mechanical Design Team:
In the Mechanical Design Team they make inventions become real. I.e. whenever an ADCS sensor or actuator, an onboard computer, or a deployable telemetry antenna is being developed and materialized the Mechanical Design Team is involved. The purely mechanical design tasks span from design of shields and brackets optimized for heat dissipation and/or mass reduction to design of complex satellite main structures and mechanisms such as deployable sun tracking solar panels. This includes at least the following development phases:
- From a set of external requirements and a blank sheet of paper, a feasible design concept is chosen.
- During a preliminary design phase, the concept is matured to a stage where it is ready for prototyping.
- The feedback from prototype testing is used to further improve the details of the design.
- When the detailed design has converged, it is put through a demanding qualification test campaign with the purpose of demonstrating the design’s compliance with launch conditions and the space environment.
- Finally, the design is handed over to the manufacturing department for further DFM optimization.
Mechanical Engineer with proven experience and a great sense of ownership
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Relevant technical knowledge obtained via education and/or professional high-tech experience.
- Professional experience with machine elements, machine design, and fine and micro mechanics.
- Knowledge about material selection, metallurgy, and surface treatment.
- Experience in CAD systems (such as SolidWorks)
- Knowledge about thermal design and heat radiation is an advantage.
- Previous experience from the space-industry is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Fluent in English on a professional level.
- You must possess quality awareness, be self-critical, and deliver solid work.
You should be a self-starter, be structured and a pro-active problem solver that work well both independently and in teams. Besides, you have a high degree of personal planning and you can meet deadlines.
Gain valuable experience in a specialist environment
At GOMSpace you will get challenged! They are a project driven organization and the working method is agile, task-based, and SCRUM inspired. GOMSpace offers employment in a dynamic growing and internationally oriented company with many challenging and exciting activities. GOMSpace are an agenda-setting player in the nanosatellite business and expect their employees to contribute with dedication, skills and the will to implement their mission. GOMSpace are ambitious and believe that nanosatellites and their efforts will make a difference to society in the future. They have an informal working culture with transparent communication and an organization built up by multidisciplinary skills and engineering passion which GOMSpace believe are essential to help customers achieve their goals in space.
Your workplace will be at Langagervej 6 in Aalborg, Denmark. Salary and start date will be individually negotiated.