R&D Manager - Space technology and products
Development and product life cycle management of low orbit satellites and satellite subsystems.
Satellite subsystems from roadmap to off-the-shelf products
As R&D Manager you will be responsible for satellite subsystems product development as well as satellite reference designs. You will be responsible for a large part of the product life cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, test, production preparation and handover to manufacturing.
As product owner you will cooperate with Sales & Marketing to identify new opportunities and turning the ideas into viable subsystem products and satellite designs. In addition, you will manage the portfolio of existing products and execute the product strategy.
- Presenting proposals and business cases for new Product Development activities to the “New Product Development” board.
- Initiation, follow-up, and reporting on product development projects.
- Continuously defining, presenting, and implementing the product roadmap and managing the product development plan.
- Maintaining and improving the overview of products in GomSpace for several target audiences with varying degrees of technical insight.
- Budget ownership for the product development budget.
- PLC-management of both complete satellites as well as standardized satellite subsystems.
You will report directly to GomSpace’s CTO, and your daily workplace is in Aalborg.
Effective management of relationships with stakeholders
As a person you are robust, centered and able to participate in dynamic discussions while maintaining continuity in plans and execution. Your stakeholders include Sales, Marketing, CxO team, Project Managers, Manufacturing and Specialists.
We imagine you have a relevant engineering degree, probably on master’s level within electrical engineering. During your career you have developed strong business as well as technical competencies. We expect you to have experience from a similar position of leading device development, including mechanics, firmware, and software.
On a personal level, you are a great team worker. More specifically, you are:
- organized, structured and process-oriented.
- highly analytical and factual with the ability to be pragmatic
- a skilled communicator in English and Danish, written as well as verbal.
Leave your mark on GomSpace
This is a great opportunity to join in on an exciting growth journey and become a part of a skilled organization ready to face the challenges of tomorrow’s satellite missions. We offer:
- A significant impact on the technological development enabling GomSpace to deliver "best in class" products internationally
- Potential for growing the focus and budget alongside the revenue generated from products
- Great professional and personal influence on the continued development of GomSpace
- An opportunity to work in a flat organizational structure.