RF System Engineer
You master the signal chain from low power RF signals to digitally processed information
Architectural approach to Nano Satellite Radio System Engineering
Located in Aalborg, Denmark, the SPARC team (Signal Processing And Radio Communications) owns and delivers all development for GomSpace’s radio solutions. The team currently employs 18 highly skilled engineers, covering the complete signal chain from antenna to digital data streams: Antenna and RF engineers, baseband engineers, Signal Processing and modem engineers.
Due to a steadily increased activity level, the SPARC team is now welcoming new engineers to join GomSpace’s exciting journey facing the challenges of tomorrow’s satellite missions.
System Engineering from electromagnetic field to processed signal
You will be one of GomSpace’s RF System developers and architects that lay the foundation for the radio signal chain of satellite products and satellite technology. You work from system requirements to space qualified products being launched into space.
Technically, your job focuses on antenna, RF HW system design in the VHF, UHF, S, X, and Ka band, and system design of SDR HW. However, you also consider closely interfacing systems designed by your colleagues working with digital signal processing, algorithm development, and Baseband HW design.
You will work closely with colleagues from other skill groups, where you contribute with:
- Design of RF systems for high bandwidth satellite communications systems
- Satellite link budgets analysis for ground and inter-satellite links
- Antenna and RF HW block design. Selecting the right approach
- Guidance of the design choices from first idea of an RF architecture to a verified product
- Actual and concrete implementation of RF products
- Help project managers and bid managers scope development work packages
Senior multidisciplinary RF Engineer with commitment and Team focus
We expect you to have a relevant engineering education, preferable on master’s level or more.
You have at least 10 years of experience with RF system design.
You are fluent in English on a professional level.
- Possess a strong personal drive, commitment, and sense of ownership
- Work with an iterative and goal-oriented development mindset
- Take pride in the quality of your work and cannot wait to see your product or algorithm being launched into space
- Are a team player who makes the team achieve its’ goals.
Launch your career in GomSpace
This is your unique chance of being a part of the future of high-end nano satellites setting the technical standards of tomorrow’s satellite missions.
- You will be working with the latest technologies and together with a team of highly skilled, dedicated, and passionate experts we can guarantee that you are challenged professionally every day. The team works with advanced RF hardware as well as signal processing and Software Defined Radio.
- Strong focus on engineering:
- Only few recurring sprint meetings.
- You own your tasks and product area.
- Automation of routine jobs like release & regression testing => free up time for development
- As teamwork is essential to success in the position, we can also guarantee a team that is eager to help and support in order to reach the common goals of GomSpace.
- You are offered a remuneration package that meets your qualifications and experience.