SW Application Engineer
Cloud focused application engineer who thrives on delivering value and building awesome things with software!
Keysight’s PathWave platform “Acceleration” team is responsible for accelerating internal cloud solution development activities across all Keysight business units, engaging with key customers to build and integrate their distributed solutions with PathWave Cloud and working with 3rd party partners to scale new cloud-based solutions into niche spaces.
Read more about PathWave here
A critical, top-level contributor to Keysight’s cloud platform
As an SW Application Engineer (AE), you will work closely with strategic planners, project management, internal stakeholders and key external customers to understand challenges and communicate Keysight’s solution to them.
You will be a technical leader, providing mentoring, best practices, and hands-on guidance to our developers to continually deploy value to all consumers. You will synthesize requirements into actionable architecture and designs, and spearhead implementation.
Concretely, we expect you to:
- Steward the awareness, adoption and support of PathWave Cloud and its infrastructure internally, externally and with 3rd parties.
- Train/educate customers, internal stakeholders and 3rd party partners on Keysight PathWave Cloud capabilities.
- Drive communication with diverse stakeholders, understand requirements and translate them for the development and planning teams.
- Effectively communicate up and down across cross-functional teams (sales organization, product management and R&D).
- Travel to, or virtually engage, internal and external development teams to catapult their projects forward.
Some travel, primarily within EMEA, is expected.
Comfortable in front of customers and thrive in ambiguous situations
You probably hold a BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent discipline. You are a proven software application engineer with +4 years of experience with software development, application engineering or equivalent and ideally have some technical sales experience.
Concretely, you have documented experience with in at least some of the following spaces (and a hunger to learn in those areas not yet proficient as this is an evolving role in an equally evolving industry segment)…
- Taking a software project from early concept through deployment and.
- Scaled agile experience (SAFe, LeSS) experience a plus.
Distributed systems architecture (moving from monoliths to microservices)
- RESTful and gRPC API design.
- Access/Identity management (OAuth2, OIDC).
- Scalable/highly available design experience.
- Secure design practices.
Tools and Languages
- Angular 8+, SCSS, Typescript, Golang, node.js, git, Go
Deployment experience with Kubernetes and related technologies, e.g:
- Operator/CRD Design
- Rook/Ceph or other clustered file storage technologies
Solid understanding of Jenkins CI/CD development flows and impact of DevOps on architecture.
Cloud computing services, e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud.
- Managing large scale deployments.
- Multi-zone availability/scalability.
Excellent English written and verbal communication skills are essential.
On a personal level you have a high drive and self-motivation to solve complex integration challenges and discover new opportunities for success with customers in cutting edge companies in a broad scope of industries. You are curious, analytical, extroverted – and you enjoy and seek professional and social relationships with internal as well as external stakeholders.
A team-oriented organization where colleagues work for each other
At Keysight they have high ambitions and support each other. The spirit is light, a lot of humor and highly professional. Keysight has a great work/life balance and a friendly, highly collaborative environment with a broad spectrum of experience from younger employees to those with decades of experience with the company. You will get an attractive remuneration package that matches your qualifications.