To support the new and ongoing projects, GomSpace needs to increase its test capabilities. Do you want to join the team?
GomSpace works strategically with process improvements – both in the product portfolio and in project development. One element of this is the establishment of a design verification and qualification team which will be the group's competence centre and go-to unit, regarding testing of units, products, and projects.
The newly established team refers to the Technology Manager, a function that works across the Technology division. Currently, we are looking for a Test Manager and a Test Engineer for the team.
You ensure the test capabilities
As Test Engineer, you will work closely with the Test Manager in establishing the Design Verification & Qualification team in GomSpace, thus leveraging the company adding competencies as well as quality in GomSpace’s test capabilities including design verification and environmental qualification, i.e., electrical, mechanical/structural, thermal, EMI/EMC, and radiation tests.
Also, you will be involved in maintaining, developing, and improving test procedures to be able to meet customers’ requirement.
With reference to the Technology Manager, you will work with the execution and documentation of environmental qualification tests of existing and new products. Furthermore, the Test Engineer is responsible for:
- Design and implementation of tests.
- Translation of customer and regulatory requirements into test procedures.
- Specification of tests and test equipment for qualification tests.
- Development and improvement of tests and test methods.
Your workplace will be at the HQ premises at Langagervej 6, Aalborg, Denmark.
Theoretical and practical experience with process optimization
Preferably, you have a relevant education as an Engineer in electronics or mechanics at minimum bachelor level. More importantly, you have at least 5 – 10 years of experience as a Test Engineer with knowledge within electronics and/or mechanics, measuring technique and system testing. To exemplify, you have practical experience with test execution and within data collection, data analysis and communicating results.
Specifically, you can create test scripts and executes the tests. Since GomSpace is an international corporation, you are naturally fluent in English both written and spoken.
As a person, you are structured, detail-oriented and quality conscious.
It is an advantage if you have experience with the following:
- Mechanical and structural tests
- Thermal tests
- Radiation tests; TID and HIT
- EMC/EMI tests
- Documentation of test results
Launch your career in GomSpace
This is your unique chance to be part of the future of high-end nano satellites setting the technical standards of tomorrow’s satellite missions. Here, are some of the opportunities you will get:
- You will be working with the newest technologies together with a team of highly skilled, dedicated, and passionate experts - we can guarantee that you are challenged professionally every day.
- As teamwork is essential to success in the position, we can also guarantee a team that is eager to help and support to reach the common goals of GomSpace.
- You are offered a remuneration package that meets your qualifications and experience.