To support new and ongoing R&D projects, GomSpace needs to increase the test capabilities. Join the team and head the execution of R&D test and verification.
GomSpace offers some of Europe's finest facilities for development and production of nanosatellites. The broad portfolio of development projects pushes the need for test execution in the development process.
In a newly reorganized test department, GomSpace now focuses the test execution resources across the various R&D teams from baseband electronics, RF electronics, software and firmware, mechanics etc.
To this team, with direct report to the Test Manager, we now seek a Test Engineer. The workplace is located at GomSpace’s HQ in Aalborg, Denmark.
You ensure the test capabilities
As Test Engineer, your primary tasks are to do design verification & qualification test of new products under development. This includes for example:
- Verification and validation tests performed in GomSpace's well-equipped laboratory.
- Radiation tests performed at an external partner in Denmark, where products are subjected to radiation, while undergoing functional tests.
- Mechanical and structural tests performed at a local partner, but GomSpace is also in the process of building equipment at their own location.
- Thermal tests performed at GomSpace’s own facilities, where they have a combined temperature and vacuum chamber. Here they do functional tests of products in a space environment.
In order to perform this job, you will get acquainted with a huge park of high-tech measurement equipment.
A practical experience with process optimization
You probably hold a relevant education in electronics on technician, bachelor or master level. More importantly, you have at least 5 – 10 years of practical experience as a Test Engineer with knowledge within electronics, mechanics, measuring technique and system testing.
We do not expect you to have concrete knowledge of all the above-mentioned tests, but surely a will to learn them.
You can coordinate smaller tests projects, where you create test scripts and plan the test execution.
Since GomSpace is an international corporation, you are naturally fluent in English both written and spoken.
As a person, you are structured, detail-oriented and quality conscious.
It is an advantage if you have experience with the following:
- Mechanical and structural tests
- Thermal tests
- Radiation tests; TID and HIT
- EMC tests
- JIRA or similar.
Launch your career in GomSpace
This is your unique chance to be part of the future of high-end nanosatellites setting the technical standards of tomorrow’s satellite missions. Here, are some of the opportunities you will get:
- You will be working with the newest technologies together with a team of highly skilled, dedicated and passionate experts - we can guarantee that you are challenged professionally every day.
- As teamwork is essential to success in the position, we can also guarantee a team that is eager to help and support to reach the common goals of GomSpace.
- You are offered a remuneration package that meets your qualifications and experience.