Quality Assurance Lead – Projects and R&D
Quality in space and time - drive and lead QA activities in Projects and R&D, and set the standards of GomSpace's QA activities in the years to come.
GomSpace is a globally leading designer, integrator and manufacturer of high-end nanosatellites for customers in the academic, government and commercial markets. GomSpace’s positions of strength include systems integration, nanosatellite subsystems and advanced miniaturised radio technology. Its international team is devoted to understanding customer’s requirements and deliver flawlessly.
GomSpace is listed in Stockholm (GOMX), headquartered in Aalborg, Denmark and has a subsidiary, NanoSpace in Sweden plus recently established offices in the US and in Singapore.
GomSpace have more than 200 employees and service customers in more than 50 countries.
Read more about GomSpace here.
Due to increased sales, GomSpace is also increasing activities with projects and within R&D. To support the business, GomSpace is now looking for a QA Lead who can drive all aspects of Q activities in the business unit.
With reference to the Process and Quality Manager you will work directly with the managers of Projects and R&D in order to drive and support all Quality related activities within the business units.
The QA organization is still under formation, so your tasks will cover all elements from hands-on activities to QA-strategy development. The very purpose is to integrate a Q-mindset across the business units’ activities, processes and employees thus improving the overall QA maturity level in GomSpace.
Your prime task is to drive and lead QA activities in projects supporting both large international customer programs and internal development programs. This requires further development of GomSpace Management System and associated processes (QA Plans, hand over procedures etc.). Specifically, this includes:
- Manage internal and external QA activities on projects.
- Establish and manage Quality Assurance Plans.
- Support project review planning and implementation.
- Involvement in Supplier approvals.
- Participate in system auditing.
- Support GomSpace Management System development, continuous improvements and training.
- Development and maintenance of KPI management.
- Participate in QA forum.
The job is performed in close co-operation with program managers, development leads and manufacturing staff supported by the QA colleagues. As GomSpace has activities in Sweden, Luxemburg, US and Singapore, you will support all international sites.
We expect you to hold a relevant engineering degree and you have significant industrial QA-experience related to projects and product development. Specifically, you have solid experience with ISO 9001 and/or AS 9100.
You are fluent in English and probably also Danish.
On a personal level you have two prime forces:
- First of all, you are dedicated to support the development of a young ambitious organization.
- Secondly, you possess the drive and the persistence to actually implementing processes and structures in that organization.
- You focus on identifying solutions.
- You always look for, and accept, significant challenges.
- You possess the delicate balance of being pushy and persistent on the one hand, and empathic and supporting on the other.
- You are an excellent communicator and you get along in the organization.
You are offered
You will have the opportunity to become part of an internationally oriented and dedicated team aiming at providing exceptional Nanosatellite solutions to customers in the global market and your effort will make a difference to society in the future.
You will join a culture where you are expected to contribute with dedication, skills and the will to implement the goals. The work culture is informal with transparent communication and an organization built up by multidisciplinary skills and engineering passion.
GomSpace offers employment in a dynamic, growing and internationally oriented company with many challenging and exciting activities. You are offered a renumeration package that meets your qualifications.