Senior Mission SW Engineer
Take your career into higher orbit! Play a leading role in delivering SW for nanosatellite missions.
Experienced SW lead for satellite mission applications
You will be joining the SATBUS team as a Senior Mission Application SW Engineer – a highly skilled and experienced team of Software, Hardware and Control engineers, who are responsible for the infrastructure software and hardware platform for the Space and Mission segment.
In close cooperation with your colleagues (SW, HW and Control engineers) you will participate in all (and take the lead in most) phases of the development process, including implementation and deployment of space and ground segments solutions for satellite missions.
You will play a leading role in all phases of the development process, including implementation and deployment of solutions for satellite missions, ensuring the operation of the satellite payload (data handling, logs, live debug etc):
- Design and technical lead / scrum master of SW solutions for satellite missions (multiple applications
- Development and maturing of build environments.
- Maturing of engineering processes
- Owner of software libraries and/or products
- Input to general platform architecture
- Implementation of embedded software in C/C++, Linux and/or FreeRTOS
- Design and implementation of mission applications
- Commissioning of software platforms in space
- Software integration and configuration of missions
- Continuos integration
- Training of customer personnel
- Working closely and actively with customers to aid them with their mission requirements.
Team oriented with a high sense of quality and an analytical approach
Long story short: You have a relevant technical education, and your experiences include software development and low-level software quality assurance and release processes.
We expect you to have at least 5 years of experience in the following areas:
- C/C++ and Python
- Linux and FreeRTOS as development platforms
- Jenkins CI
- SW architecture
- Customer facing application development.
If you furthermore have experience as scrum master and/or team lead it is an advantage.
As a person you are extrovert / customer oriented. You communicate effectively and fluent in English both spoken and written. If you can communicate in one of the following languages, it is a clear advantage: Spanish, Italian, French.
At GomSpace you will get challenged!
The company is a project driven organization, and their working method is agile, task-based, and SCRUM inspired. They offer employment in a dynamic, growing and internationally oriented company with many demanding, fun, and exciting activities. GomSpace are ambitious and believe that nanosatellites and their efforts will make a difference to society.