Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Ambitious Space Company GomSpace is looking for Embedded Software Engineers to the dedicated SATBUS team at the HQ in Aalborg.
Embedded software engineer to provide exceptional satellite solutions to global costumers
As a Software Engineer in the SATBUS team, you will be part of a highly skilled and experienced team of Software, Hardware and Control Developers, who are responsible for the infrastructure - software and hardware platform for the Space and Mission segment. You will participate in all phases of the development process, including implementation and deployment of solutions for satellite missions, ranging from earth observation to deep space science mission.
You will work with a wide range of tasks dealing with satellite avionics: low level embedded interfacing to sensors, actuators, propulsion systems, gyro-systems, power supply and more.
- Data infrastructure and architecture
- OS development
- Development and maturing of build environment
- Implementation of software and firmware in high-end mission critical products
- Jenkins and CI
- Drivers and implementation / integration of 3rd party sensors
Experience, ambitious and a great sense of quality
We expect that you have a relevant technical education, and minimum 5 years of experience within the above mention tasks, and;
- Knowledge about distributed systems in heterogeneous environments
- Experience with embedded software development
- Experience with low level Software quality assurance and release process
- Experience with Continuous integration
- Ability to work with an iterative and agile approach to design and development
Beside your qualifications, experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Programming languages: Mainly C/C++, Python
- Jira and Confluence
- Linux as a development platform
- Owner of software libs or products
- TCP/IP socket programming
- Customer interaction in sales and technical phases
- Input to sales process
- Scrum master or similar
As a person you are team oriented and have a high sense of quality and an analytical approach.
You communicate effectively and fluent in English both spoken and written. And if you can communicate in one of the following languages, it is a clear advantage: Spanish, Italian, French.
A unique career opportunity with a lot of co-determination
GomSpace values initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become a part of a highly professional environment with a strong technical and commercial commitment.
GomSpace is a project driven organization, and the working method is agile, task-based, and SCRUM inspired. GomSpace offer employment in a dynamic, growing and internationally oriented company with many demanding, fun, and exciting activities. GomSpace is an agenda-setting player in the nanosatellite business and expect that the employees contribute with dedication, skills, and the will to implement the mission. GomSpace is ambitious and believe that nanosatellites and their efforts will make a difference to society. GomSpace has an informal working culture with transparent communication and an organization built up by multidisciplinary skills and engineering passion which they believe are essential to help the customers achieve their goals in space.