Software Engineer - Frontend
Are you the versatile and ambitious Frontend Software Engineer who can design and develop a state-of-the-art and highly scalable web frontend? In this position, you will be empowered to make product-wide technical decisions and directly impact the outcomes of one of the most important projects within Continia.
Your contributions will drive efficiencies for many customers at the same time
As a developer in the Platform Team, you will be part of a team of passionate developers that build best-in-class products based on Dynamics for more than 8.000 customers worldwide.
Currently, the Platform Team is building the next-generation web client based on Continia's vision of having one client that will work with all their applications in a unified and refreshing experience. As a Frontend Developer, you will be part of building this web client closely with the rest of the Platform Team. Here, you will:
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and fellow engineers to define requirements.
- Investigate and prototype new frontend technologies and frameworks.
- Develop and maintain a world-class responsive frontend framework and engage in discussions about making incremental changes.
- Build robust, cross-device compatible UI and features and ensure there is sufficient coverage with automated tests.
- Strike a balance between shipping soon and finding a perfect solution and understanding the trade-offs.
From a technology perspective, Continia is based on React + TypeScript + SASS + HTML5 + Node + RESTful APIs and uses Microsoft Azure DevOps to manage the development teams, backlogs, and releases.
You will work from one of our 3 development sites (Aalborg and Copenhagen in Denmark or Vilnius in Lithuania) and should plan on being able to commute to one of these sites when on-site meetings are requested.
Passion for creating a great user experience with pixel-perfect attention to detail
As the job requires a high level of self-driven decision-making, we are looking for candidates with no less than 3 years of dedicated frontend development experience using the above technologies.
We believe that candidates with the following skillset and experience will be successful in this role:
- Deep understanding of web architecture, development, and standards. This includes a thorough understanding of the entire web stack: HTTP, cookies, caching, and optimization, etc.
- Strong understanding of responsive design, capabilities of different platforms and browsers, and their design constraints.
- Expertise in middle-tier/backend technologies such as Azure, AWS, .NET, Go, relational and/or non-relational (NoSQL) databases is a plus.
- Familiarity with design systems like Zendesk Garden, Material Design, Blueprint, or Office 365 Fabric is a plus.
From a personality perspective, Continia is looking for developers, who are independent team players. They believe in freedom with responsibility and in having a flexible/hybrid workplace.
Feel the dynamics of working in an innovative growth company!
Continia is a financially stable and rapidly growing company based on solid company values: Count on Continia, we dig in, work smart and grow together.
Working at Continia means being part of an international company and working alongside people from various cultures with a broad range of skills. We value diversity and encourage authenticity, and you will meet staff, who is very proud of their company and its culture.
Moreover, you will find an informal and creative working environment, an open and respectful dialogue, and high team spirit among dedicated colleagues, who all take great pride in their jobs. You will be part of a strong community where everyone celebrates small and big successes/releases, and it is expected that you speak up and challenge the prevailing view of what is possible.
Read here if you wish to learn more about how it is to work with Continia.